To reap all the benefits from a vitamin k supplement, you need to take the genuine ones. Remember, they should work to facilitate your body function and See the best magnesium supplements here once you picked the best vitamin k supplement. But when you have so many types and forms of vitamin K, it’s hard to know what works best
That’s why it’s important that you take some professional advice. So here we are, giving you the 10 best vitamin K supplement with their pros, cons and other technical or clinical aspects.
10 Best Vitamin K Supplement Review 2017
NOW MK-7 Vitamin K-2
NOW’s vitamin K is mostly known for its role in the synthesis of lots of blood coagulation factors.
Studies also mentioned that vitamin K2 and its dependent protein group plays a vital role in calcium metabolism.These Vitamin K dependent proteins are also essential for normal bone mineralization.
MK-7 contains a highly effective form of Vitamin K2 which was extracted from non-GMO natto‚ a fermented soy food from Japan. Mk-7 also has vital importance for your bone and vascular health.
- Improves your bone matrix
- Maintains healthy aging
- Supports your vascular health
- Enhanced Calcium metabolism
- This one is not suitable for someone who is histamine Intolerant.
back to menu ↑
Sonora Nutrition Vitamin K2 Natural MK-7 High Absorption Formula
The easily absorbable capsules are very effective in maintaining a healthy cardiovascular health. With high potency, this vitamin K supplement increases the absorption rate of Calcium too.
High absorption of Calcium leads to better bone and teeth. The supplement also helps maintain a radiant skin as well as wrinkle free face. FDA approved and doesn’t contain any chemicals or artificial fillers.
- Supports healthy teeth and bones
- Increases calcium absorption
- Prevents inflammation
- Well maintained cardiovascular health
- Enhanced brain function
- Prevents wrinkles to appear in your face
- Promotes healthy skins
- Works very slowly. You’ll have to wait about a month to feel the effects.
back to menu ↑
Garden of Life Vitamin K – Vitamin Code Raw K Complex Whole Food Vitamin Supplement
Made with individually nurtured and grown nutrients that are used to make RAW whole food supplements. They utilize the vegetables and fruits as probiotic cultivation to produce the supplement
They are raw which means they are not only produced under 115º F, but also the nutrients come with the natural cofactors, enzymes and live vegetarian probiotics.
Vitamin Code’s powder is delivered in pills without any fillers or binders. It features Vitamin K2 as MK-7, along with Vitamins K2 and K1 as MK-4. Fat- soluble Vitamin K works as a lipid delivery system that promotes absorption.
- Vegan friendly
- Better absorption
- Gluten free
- Improved digestion
- Raw whole food
- Enhanced bone health
- Healthy blood coagulation and clotting
- Contains too many additional ingredients for taste which decreases the rapid effectiveness.
back to menu ↑
Vitamin K Solaray
These lozenge type supplements are delicious and can be taken by anyone older than 10-12 years. The flavored lozenges are easily absorbed in your body thus creates an instant effect.
While most supplements are prohibited for pregnant ladies, Solaray is completely safe for them. Without showing any side effects and causing any harm, it will make sure the unborn baby is safe and gets all the benefits of vitamin K in the womb.
- Delicious and tasteful lozenges
- Beneficial for pregnant ladies
- Reduces the chances of your unborn child being defected
- Develops your brain and spinal cord
- Promotes optimal fetal nutrition
- Many users complained about being nauseous after taking the pills.
back to menu ↑
Life Extension Vitamins D & K with Sea-Iodine
Life Extension’s consumers get optimal potencies of effective vitamin K in the Super K or Super Booster formulations. They have put together a new formula which is called Vitamins K and D with Sea-Iodine. Apart from vitamin K and D, you will also obtain the optimal amount of iodine.
Many do not realize the disastrous consequences due to the lacking of Iodine in the human body. It should not be taken for granted. That’s why Sea-Iodine is included in the formula to provide you iodine without the harmful side effects of sodium.
- Contains Sea-Iodine
- Improves Bone and teeth health
- Good for your brain and memory
- No adverse side effects
- Comparatively expensive than other similar vitamin K supplements.
back to menu ↑
Jarrow Formulas MK-7
K2 vitamins include the menaquinones, MK-9, MK-8, and MK-7. The longer-chain menaquinones, like MK-7, are more hydrophobic than others. They have longer half-lives than others, and these hydrophobic lipoproteins are incorporated into thin lipoproteins.
That’s why Jarrow uses MK-7 from Bacillus natto fermentation. Another reason to use MK-7 is they have higher absorption rate than K1 from spinach.
More effective in catalyzing your bone’s osteocalcin carboxylation than others. And Jarrow’s MK-7 supports your arterial integrity and bone for longer than other MKs.
- Uses MK-7 for longer half lives
- Higher absorption rate
- Effective catalyzing your bone’s osteocalcin carboxylation
- Supports Arterial integrity
- Improves bone health
- Some consumers reported that they faced allergic reactions after consumption.
back to menu ↑
Thorne Research – Vitamin D/K2 Liquid (Metered Dispenser)
Thorne Research’s Vitamin K2 and D Liquid is an effective, hypoallergenic formula which provides greater health benefits than most of the Vitamin K supplements.
These two vital nutrients deliver support for your bone’s health‚ while promoting the healthy functions of the cardiovascular system.
The fat-soluble vitamin D has a crucial role in preserving healthy levels of calcium in your blood.Besides, the presence of vitamin D ensures you get a healthy set of bones and teeth.
Contains Vitamin K-2 which has a higher influence on your bone health than vitamin K-1. It is also essential for normal cell maintenance and formation of a healthy and working cardiovascular system.
A clinical study on a postmenopausal group woman revealed that a combination of vitamin K and D (along with other minerals) is better for maintaining healthy artery elasticity.
- Maintains functioning cardiovascular system
- Keeps a healthy level of Calcium in your body
- Healthy Artery elasticity
- Healthy teeth
- Radiant skin
- The liquid in a drop-bottle is very annoying to some people. Most prefer a capsule.
back to menu ↑
NOW Vitamin D-3 & K-2
NOW combines two special nutrients (Vitamin K2 and D3) which are extensively researched to contribute to your bones health, teeth, and your cardiovascular system.
Vitamin D3 in the supplement promotes Calcium absorption and transport. Multiple research proved that Vitamin D-3 plays a role in proper glucose metabolism and insulin action. Besides, it has an essential for the improvement of the immune system.
Vitamin K2 is crucial for the formation of a strong, healthy bone matrix. Its role in the arterial health resolves its ability to support proper metabolism of Calcium in vascular structures.
- Support bone health
- Increased Glucose metabolism and insulin action
- Enhanced cardio vascular health
- Non-GMO supplement
- Healthy teeth
- Improved Calcium transport and its absorptions
- Strengthens bone matrix
- Supports Calcium metabolism
- Consumption can result in a short period of chest pains which fades away pretty soon.
back to menu ↑
Life Extension Super K with Advanced K2 Complex
Unlike other on this list, Life extension’s Advanced K2 complex is chewable Softgels. The gels are easily absorbed in your body due to its fast bioavailability.
The supplement is a combination of total three types of Vitamin K (Vitamin K3 as MK-7, Vitamin K2 as MK-4 and Vitamin K1) that the human body can utilize to facilitate arterial health and bone flexibility.
Plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy bone density by facilitating calcium transport through your bloodstream into bones. They help in decreasing blood clotting, frequent bruises, and appearance of veins.
- Promotes arterial health
- Strengthens your bones
- Reduces frequent bruises
- Easy to swallow or chew
- Facilitates transport of Calcium through blood
- Reduced Blood clotting
- Decreases visibility of veins in body
- Not suitable for estrogen sensitive people.
back to menu ↑
Zhou Nutrition Vitamin K2 (MK7) with D3 Supplement
The ultimate winner of this list is Zhou Nutrition’s K2 and D3 supplement. There are many reasons for picking it as the best. Among them, its unparalleled immune support, high bioavailability, Strong bones, and teeth, etc., are the most beneficiary to your health.
Fast transport of calcium through blood allows you to have a sound, active and fresh cardiovascular system. Quick absorption of Calcium ensures that your teeth and bones are as strong as they should be. Besides, the calcium relieves you from your joint and arteries difficulties.
Due to the absence of gluten, yeast and some other ingredients, Zhou is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Lack of inorganic fillers and additives make it a side effect free formula.
- Supports your immune system
- Healthy muscle development
- Maintains healthy bones
- Fast calcium absorption
- Higher bioavailability
- Arteries and Joint Support
- Veggie capsule
- Easy swallow
- Healthy cardiovascular system
- Consumption can result in upset stomach for some people.
Due to the different types and forms of vitamin K, it is confusing which one should consumer buy. Besides, there are other concerns about selecting a vitamin K supplement.
First of all, let’s know which forms and types of vitamin K supplements are more effective:
Forms of the supplement
Buyers have options to choose tablets or capsules of vitamin K. Range of the dosages is mostly from 50 mcg to 100 mcg. The drops of vitamin k are also available in the market which can be mixed with food or water.
Besides the liquid and pills, they come in chewable soft gel form which has a higher rate of absorption than other tablets.
Type of Vitamin K and which one should you go with
Vitamin K2 is the best among the three forms of vitamin K (vitamin K1, 2, and 3). From a clinical study, it has come to know that vitamin K2, with vitamin D, helps to prevent cardiovascular disease, preventing the calcification in coronary arteries of the human body.
Some natural foods are enriched with Vitamin K. If you properly take them, then no need to take any supplements of Vitamin K.
Vegetables, Soybeans Asparagus, Fennel, Leeks & Okra, Pickles (Cucumber, Sweet), Olive Oil, Dried Fruit, Chili Powder & Hot Spices, etc. are some examples of foods which contain Vitamin K.
MK-4 vs. MK-7
- Menaquinone-7(MK-7) and Menaquinone-4 (MK-4) are the major forms of vitamin K.
MK-7 is must for our brain as well as MK-4. But Mk-7 isn’t present in the brain. Only Mk-4 helps to activate proteins structural cells of the brain. These are called VKDP (Vitamin K dependent protein). MK-4 controls the stress in the brain occur due to oxidation and also inflammation in the brain. There are about 15 VKDP identified by the scientists.
- If you are going through pregnancy, you need to take MK-4, not MK-7 or another vitamin K as only MK-4 can go into the placenta.
- There is MK-4 in human breast milk, not MK-7.
- The long chain molecule of K2 like MK-8 or MK-14 is necessary for heart health.
- MK-4 is made from animal and MK-7 is made from bacterial fermentation. If you prefer a non-synthetic form of vitamin K, I’m suggesting to take MK-7 because MK-4 is synthetically derived.
- A positive side of MK-7 remain in therapeutic doses in the blood and stays longer than MK-4.
- MK-7 is almost five times more active than MK-4.
- Natto-derived MK-7 (100 mcg) in pills can be purchased if you are sure about the deficiency of vitamin K in your body. I mean doctor already has prescribed you to take. MK-4 is also found in the market in the form of pills but in higher doses (highest 5000mcq).
- The equivalency of these two forms of the vitamin is under research. So it’s not possible to say anything about the doses of both MK-4 and MK-7 corresponding to each other.
Dose of Vitamin K Supplement
The ideal amounts of vitamin K2 are still not discovered yet. But it is most probably between 180 to 200 micrograms which are enough to make your body active.
Side effects The side effect is a familiar term with supplements. Most of them cause mild or fatal side effects due to their high dose of certain ingredients, which they used to increase its effect but instead, it led to a disaster.
The best way to keep you safe from those side effects is to examine the ingredients and the volume used in it. If you want something to store you enbergy for a long time,. you can buy the best iron supplements from here. You can find each component’s prescribed volume and value on the web. If you are suspicious about an element, you can call up on your doctor or just skip buying that supplement